Monday, February 8, 2010

Love in the Hundred Acre Wood

So Wednesday, when I said I was working in the UK with Pooh and Tigger, I didn't end up doing that. They put me back in Future World. SO, yesterday I finally made my way there and I absolutely love it back there.

Basically, you meet Tigger and Winnie the Pooh in the back of this tiny toy store in the corner of the UK pavilion, so people hardly know its there and just happen to walk into the store, see a character attendant and a photographer, walk around the corner and BAM! there's Winnie the Pooh and Tigger too. They have it roped off so the attendant just lets one family in at a time and its amazing having the meet and greet set up like that because the families can take their time, which makes it fun for everyone and makes for great photo ops. A few more pluses of the location: its inside, they play the Mary Poppins soundtrack, and three or four times a day The British Invasion play Beatles covers right outside the exit doorway. Plus Pooh is adorable and Tigger is hilarious.

And the room, oh the room! I absolutely adore it. It has my DREAM library feel. Its amazing. I'll have to take pictures and post them. Ah, it wisks me into day dreams just thinking about it.

Additionally, on our big break during the day, Tigger's best friend said "I just wanted to let you know that you're a really good photographer. You were getting all kinds of really great candid shots and you were very helpful during the set. Thanks so much!". Aw shucks Tig. haha.

The day before, I also got a chance (5 hours) to work in Epcot's Character Spot. Boy is that place something else. Its cool because you wait in one queue for the fab 5 (Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Donald, and Goofy) but that also means that there is a constant line for every character the entire time the room is open. You can't take water breaks or stretch breaks or get this freaking camera off my neck breaks at all. Its consistently go go go until someone comes to take your post for a few minutes. I hurt my wrist pretty badly just taking so many pictures with that massive camera. I had to get a support brace at base at the end of the day and have been wearing it ever since. Its getting better but there are times where yesterday I would hold the camera a certain way and feel a shooting pain up the length of my forearm. Just thinking about it makes me hurt. Hopefully I won't be going back there for a while and I can recover.

Shortly, in other news, I've been here over a month now. Its a weird feeling. It feels like a week and a year at the same time. Working in Disney World on the college program feels like an alternate reality from the rest of the world. The rules of time and space bend continuously here. Never do I know what day of the week it is or understand why three in the morning feels like nine. This may not make sense but it feels like instead of there being time (in a general since, as a noun) to fill with things to do, I have this linear toe-to-heel list of events that progress time along. Time answers to events, not the other way around. haha. I love it and at the same time, its kind of scary in a Twilight Zone sort of way.

No comments: