Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Welcome to Orlando!

I'm hereeeeee!!!!

We decided to come a day early and got into Orlando at 11:00 PM last night. After an hour of driving around looking at stuff/looking for a hotel, we ended up at Holiday Inn Sunspree which is where we (+ half of the incoming CPs) are staying tonight for our pre-check in meet ups. This hotel is beautiful. Its got touches of theme (like everything in this town) and is super comfortable with very nice staff. Plus, its a Disney partner hotel so we get a 24 hour Disney World channel. hahah. 

I met up with Lauren around midnight and we headed to Waffle House for some middle-of-the-night dinner where we ended up high fiving so loudly that a silence fell on the restaurant. hahaha. It was great to see her and I'm glad she's the first person I ran into in Florida. <3

Summer, my roommate, just got into town and we met briefly before her and her boyfriend Miles headed to IKEA. We're meeting our apartment mates for dinner tonight at 6, then afterwards we're heading to Downtown Disney to meet up with all the other January 6th arrivals.

As for now, my sister and Adrienne took my car to explore the free side of Orlando, specifically the M&M World or something like that, so my mom and I are walking around the neighborhood exploring and window shopping. Its a bit cold here, like 42 degrees, but none the less, I'm in Orlando!!

Pictures to come later :)

2 comments:

Katie said...

I am so excited for you. Can't wait to join you!

Marissa K. said...

How exciting! I'm so jealous that you're there already; I'm not set to check in until February 8th!

Glad to hear things are going well so far, and also that the Holiday Inn Sunspree is alright! (I think that's where my mom and I are going to stay.)

(PS: Hi there, I'm Marissa. I can't for the life of me remember how I found your journal, but I do know that I'm going to "follow" you and read all about your CP adventure while I go through mine!)